Sunday, November 4, 2012

Running on empty

I almost ran out of gas today. I was busy this weekend with my to do list on fire and kept putting off getting gas thinking I would do it "when I had more time".

Then this morning I had a small but opportune window of time in which to get gas yet, I was driving someplace without a GPS to find gas in an area I did not know and had no gas stations in sight.

I looked at my little orange warning on the dashboard of my car and thought "It would be great if in every area of life I had a almost out of gas light pop on."

When is it time to stop and fill up the tank? Sometimes it is all about making those necessary endings happen. There may be bells, whistles and fire engine sounds before we get the drift that we need to end something in our to do list because we will eventually stop running on that empty tank.

Rest is productive. I just have to remember that.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment